Saturday, January 18, 2014

My Imaginary Boyfriends are Fighting

Since my last real boyfriend tried to kill me, I've stuck with imaginary boyfriends.  I meet them mostly in my dreams.  My most constant imaginary boyfriend is Peter Gabriel (hence this blog's title) but in the last year he's had stiff competition (pun intended) from Jeremy Brett and Sherlock Holmes.  I didn't think this would be a problem since it's all imaginary -- right?

Well, the other night I dreamt of Peter.  He was as annoying as usual.  I dreamt I was living in my old apartment (which I left in 2000) and Peter was visiting me there.  I was telling him that I had to move out and back with my Mom.  He seemed fascinated by the news and wanted me to explain my reasons for moving.  Of course, now that I'm awake I know that Peter must've been amazed at my stupidity (I moved back with my Mom when I got back from the UK in 2005).  He then wanted to go shopping (?) but didn't have any money with him (just like real life boyfriends.)  Unfortunately, I didn't have any money, either.  I told him I'd go home, get some cash and be right back.  Of course, I got lost on the way because of new construction in the apartment complex.

Peter eventually found me and bitched at me for leaving him stranded and looking like an idiot in the shop. However, since he was Peter Gabriel, he got the stuff he wanted anyway although he didn't have to pay for it.  I tried to explain that I'd gotten lost and wasn't it odd that the landlord didn't let his tenants know that he was making major renovations today?

Peter then blinked as if I'd sprouted another head (it being a dream that could have been possible) and then he lead me into a small closet-like room.  He then said, "Talk  to me like I was Jeremy Brett."

That was when I  knew I was dreaming.  More for hearing the "talk to me part" than  for the "like Jeremy Brett" part. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Directory