Personally, I'd never risk sleeping in an airport. When I travel by air, I travel alone. It's just not safe enough for a single woman to catch a few winks and not wake up to discover I was robbed, planted with drugs, missed my flight or something worse.
The annual list of Best and Worst Airports to sleep in has been released by Sleepinginairports.net, which started 17 years ago. It asked 14,600 users to rate the sleepability of the world's major airports and complied the results, according to CNN. Airports were rated on the basis of "four Cs" (stop giggling) -- comfort, convenience, cleanliness and customer service.
The best airports for sleeping were:
- Singapore Changi Airport (which has always won the top spot since Sleepinginairports.net started)
- Seoul Incheon
- Amsterdam Schipol
- Hong Kong International Airport
- Helsinki-Vantaa Airport
The worst airports for sleeping were:
- Manila Ninoy Aquino International Airport -- especially Terminal 1
- Bergamo Orio al Serio Airport in Italy
- Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose International Airport, Kolkata (???)
- Benazir Bhutto International Airport, Islamabad
- Paris Beauvais Airport
Image of sleeping TSA agent by GW2002 from Wikimedia Commons.