Monday, January 28, 2013

Reelz Asks Readers to Rate Top 10 Movies About Dreams

I was thinking of doing a blog post on the top ten movies about dreams, but Reelz beat me to it.  They are currently asking readers to rate these twenty choices (most of which I've never heard of.)  Click here if you want to vote in the poll.  For those of you who just want to know what the choices are, I copy & pasted Reelz's list.  My comments are in parentheses.  Here we go:

*   Inception      (A given.  One day I'll get around to watching it.  My brother sent me the DVD as a Christmas gift two years ago -- about a day before my DVD player broke.  I suppose I could watch it on my laptop, but I try to save the laptop for work.)                 
*   The Wizard of Oz  (Was this more about dreams or feverish imagination?)                      
  • A Nightmare on Elm Street (Another given.)                      
  • Spellbound (Never heard of this.) 
  • Field of Dreams (Did this film have anything to do with dreams? Hopes, yes -- but dreams (those things you see when you sleep), no.)                     
  • Dreamscape (Never heard of this.) 
  • The Lathe of Heaven (Book by Ursusla K. LeGuin was better.) 
  • Eyes Wide Shut (It's a Tom Cruise flick, which automatically rules it out.) 
  • Vanilla Sky (All I know about this flick is that Peter Gabriel has a song on the soundtrack.)                     
  • Waking Life (I'm assuming this was the adventures-of-a-lucid-dreamer partially animated flick that has loads of bits on YouTube.)                      
  • The Matrix (I don't remember that dreams played any part in this movie, although imagination did.)                      
  • Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (What?)
  • Total Recall (Unfortunately, Reelz does not specify which version. I only saw the first version which had nothing to do with dreams.)                      
  • Paprika (Never heard of this.  I mean, I've heard of the spice but not the film.)                      
  • The Machinist (Huh?)
  • Alice in Wonderland (Unfortunately, Reelz does not specify which version.)                      
  • Brazil (You're kidding me -- a dream plays a very small part in Terry Gilliam's sci-fi film. You might as well stick An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge on here, then.)                      
  • The Cell (Wasn't this a horror flick?)
  • Dreamscape (Why is this one on here twice, Reelz?)                      
  • Mulholond Drive (I have no clue about this one, either. Sounds British.)
  •  
    Maybe I'll wind up having to do that blog post about top 10 movies about dreams after all.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Blog Directory