Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Finding Money in Dreams

You ever find money in dreams?  Same way as you would find scattered coins on the floor or in couch cushions?  You stop and pocket those babies, don't you?

Even when it's a lucid dream?  When you're completely aware that you're dreaming?  I don't know if you do but I find myself stopping and pocketing the dream money.

I have no idea why I do this.  Even during the lucid dream, I know that the money will all vanish as soon as I wake up.  And yet that doesn't stop me.  I keep pocketing the imaginary money as if this will be the one miraculous chance that I'll break physics.

Now, supposedly, finding money in a dream means that you are looking for love and/or power.  Not for me.  When I find money in a dream, it's symbolic of finding money in a dream.  Now, I spent about five years being homeless, so even finding a penny was a major event.

The importance of money has taken over my subconscious.  I've noticed that everyone else in my dreams has enough money or they get given stuff.  I seem to be the only one who stops to pick up coins off of the pavement.

I hope that someday when I have a lucid dream and see money I can just walk right by and get on to neat lucid dream stuff like flying or breathing underwater so I can stroll along the sea bed and gossip with the groupers.  Then I'll finally be free of the tyranny of money.

Yeah, right.

I know that I'll still dream of finding money.  Perhaps my subconscious can make a compromise and put on a super sale right after I find the dream cash.

Image of a half soverign from Wikimedia Commons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Directory