Sunday, October 21, 2012

The Good Guys I Dream About

I have a lot of nightmares and boring dreams, but I also have a team of four dream guys that help give me sweet and lucid dreams.  This fab four consists of:

Peter Gabriel

He's why I named this blog Dreaming of Peter.  I've been dreaming about him since I was 16 and now I'm, er, a lot older than 16.  When other dream characters have come and gone, he's stayed on.  He once told me that he was my Dominant Dream Symbol (he said it in capital letters -- hey, it was a dream; don't argue)  but at other times he's called himself a totem or a spirit guide. In some dreams he has been able to literally chase my nightmares away -- other times he holds the door open for them. 

I have actually met the real Peter Gabriel and he was much nicer than the guy I dream about.  For example, Dream Peter told me that I should do a blog on dreaming and it will make me a lot of money.  So far, after nearly a year, I've made a nickel from it.  The real Peter Gabriel has never told me to write a blog and so I'm not as disappointed in him as I am with Dream Peter at this particular moment.

Patrick Stewart

Yes -- the bald guy on Star Trek: The Next Generation.  I have been lucky enough to meet the real Sir Patrick Stewart and the topic of blogging never came up.  If you ever get the chance to see Sir Patrick on the stage, go -- although best known as a television and movie actor, he really shines in live theatre.

Dream Patrick (often known as "Captain") is, on the whole, a much nicer fellow to dream about than Dream Peter.  He's more of a wise-yet-naughty teacher than an out and out Lothario such as Dream Peter.  I don't remember ever dreaming about the two of them, so I'm not sure if Dream Patrick is just Dream Peter in disguise.  Wouldn't surprise me a bit.

Anthony Hopkins

I started dreaming about him or as Hannibal Lecter in 1992 after Silence of the Lambs came out.  I just dreamt about him again in the wee hours of this morning.  For some reason, we were living together in a slum some time after World War II.  He'd caught a rabbit for our supper.  I argued that the rabbit was not a wild rabbit, but clearly someone's pet, so we shouldn't eat it. He gave the rabbit a poison to quickly kill it.  Instead, the rabbit completely dissolved.  Anthony was annoyed that he wouldn't have any supper while I was overjoyed that we stumbled upon a liquid that could dissolve anything except the container it was in.  We could sell it and have enough money to eat lobster for supper for the rest of our lives.

Dream Anthony is often much nicer than this recent dream suggests.  He can be romantic but also clever.  Oddly enough, no one in my dreams is frightened of him, although they can be frightened of Dream Peter or Dream Patrick.

Stephen Fry

He's the only member of the Fab Four with a substantial amount of hair.  He's the most down-to-earth of the four and one of the best kissers.  I've never met the real Stephen Fry and so have absolutely no idea how he kisses.  I probably never will, since the real Stephen Fry is gay and Dream Stephen is only concerned if Tab A can fit into Slot  B.  He's the friendliest of the four.

Dream Stephen usually appears in my regular dreams, not in my lucid dreams, unlike the other three.  I have no idea why this is so. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Directory