Thursday, July 12, 2012

Idea: Social Network for Dreamers

Here's an idea for someone with cash to invest and a working knowledge of computer code -- develop a social network for dreamers.  I know there websites called the American Dream Network or use some sort of variation of the words "social", "network" and "dream."  However, none of these (that I know of, anyway) are what I'm thinking about:

A social network for dreamers about their dreams:  what they've dreamt about, what they want to dream about and how to work with their dream characters/symbols.  I'm not talking about dreams as in "wishes" but dreams as in "those things you see when you're asleep."  There also could be a section for dream experiments or suggestions.  I guess a network like this should also integrate Pintrest and YouTube, since many people dig visuals.

The closest thing we have to a social network for dreams are online forums.  I have  to admit, there are a lot of problems with online forums.  The main problems are:
  • spam
  • hackers
  • whacknoodles
I've had terrible experiences with online forums devoted to singer-songwriter Peter Gabriel.  This is why I'm not too eager to dive blindly into another online forum experience, although the topic would be different.  The one good thing about Facebook (okay -- to tell the truth -- the ONLY good thing about Facebook) is that you can block cyberbullies, religious nuts or (shudder) old flames.  I've yet to see an online forum that has this block option. 

Most importantly -- no damn Timeline.

Now that I've given the Internet it's newest social network idea, I'll step back and eat some ice cream.  Judging from the page views I get for this blog, the chances of this idea being read and implemented in my lifetime are pretty freakin' slim.  But if you do manage to set this up, at least offer me stock options. 

Yeah, I know -- "In yer dreams!"

Additional Reading



Image of Edison's light bulb from Wikimedia Commons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Directory