Saturday, May 4, 2013

Dreamt that My Abuser Committed Suicide

I last saw my abuser (whom I'll call Mitch) in real life in September of 2005.  However, I see him at least once a week in my dreams and nightmares.  He beat me up for about five years so I left him in December of 2004.  I even left the damn continent he lived on to get away from him.  And yet I can't get rid of him in my dreams. 

But last night was the first time I dreamt that Mitch committed suicide. He suddenly jumped out of a window while we were having an argument.  The building looked a lot like the dorm I lived in at Millersville University, Hull Hall (pictured).  That building was only three stories.  In my dream, it was a lot taller.  Mitch went splat.  I'm hoping this is a positive development for my subconscious. 

At the end of my dream, I did get picked up by the police as a "person of interest" in  Mitch's suicide, considering that I was present when he jumped.  Damn that reality getting in the way of my dreams again.  Although I wasn't too happy about being implicated in Mitch's suicide (and having to explain all this to my Mom), I felt tremendously relieved.

Let me emphasize here that I have NO plans to return to the UK, locate Mitch and nag him to death.  If I never see Mitch again, it's can't be too soon -- whether in real life or in my dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Directory